PARSONS SCHOOL OF DESIGN, New York NY
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Illustration 1993
THE KEN YOUNG COMPANY, Cairo GA - 1999 to Present
Graphic Artist / Art Director
- Create designs for screenprinted and embroidered apparel - mainly t-shirts and caps, but including aprons, coozies, totes, stadium chairs, beach towels, etc.
- Create ads for newspapers, yearbooks, football programs, calendars and catalog covers.
- Create flyers for clients.
- Create company promotional brochures, flyers, post cards, floor displays, signs and more.
- Create layouts for company business cards, business forms, pricing guides.
- Design logos for company and clients.
- Layout art for promotional items, calendars, pens, coozies, fans, mugs, tumblers, keychains, etc.
- Research and experiment with new specialty inks and special print techniques.
- Create and maintain company websites.
- Maintain and update online design library/gallery.
- Create and maintain special client web pages.
- Set up email accounts on individual computers, connecting to printers, scanners and external data storage.
- Responsible for backing up all necessary computer data (art files, fonts, software, clip art, etc.)
- Performed some computer troubleshooting.
- Build and maintain computer art archives.
- Responsible for daily operation of Art Department - filing completed art folders, archiving computer files, culling old art from art files, ordering supplies.
OTHER RELATED EXPERIENCE
Cartoonist and writer for The Hilltop News, LaGrange College, LaGrange GA - 1988 to 1990
Freelance sign painting and illustration for KIM'S VIDEO, New York NY - 1993
Freelance graphic design - jonwooddesign.com - 2007 to present
Adobe Illustrator CS4
ASP.net - VB
Flash CS4 and Actionscript 3.0
XML and XSL